Information Society Development Institute (ISDI) in partnership with the State University of Moldova (USM) organized a round table entitled Capitalization of the national scientific heritage through digital content on 5 June 2015.
The round table was organized in the context of increased focus on transparency, access and development of new tools for scientific collaboration, dissemination of scientific information and creating new facilities for access to scientific knowledge.
The event was part of IDSI’s institutional project "Pilot platform for ensuring quality evaluation and visualization of digital scientific content in Moldova" and DISCUS project (IVF – contract nr. 21470018). Its aim was to present the innovative results and applied research projects in areas related to digitizing, documenting, archiving and capitalization of the scientific heritage of the Republic of Moldova.
The event was attended by around 70 people, including representatives of the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications, Ministry of Culture, directors and representatives of libraries, both from Moldova and Romania, as well as others interested in the topic.
The event began with a discussion session focused on digital content policies and strategies in Moldova, moderating by dr. hab. Nelly Turcan.
A welcome speech was delivered by dr., assoc. prof. Angela Niculiţa, Vice-Rector for International Relations of the SUM, Vitalie Tarlev, Deputy Minister of Information Technology and Communications, dr. Igor Sarov, Deputy Minister of Culture and dr. Lydia Kulikovski from Novateca Program.
Director of the Information Society Development Institute, dr. Igor Cojocaru presented an analysis of national policies on digital content creation until 2020.
Tiganas Ion, Deputy Director of the State Agency for Intellectual Property of the Republic of Moldova (AGEPI) focused on copyright and AGEI contribution to unlocking scientific heritage through digital content, followed by a series of discussions and debates on the digital market in Moldova, digital scientific content, copyright on scientific content, digitized content, national scientific heritage etc.
The second part of the event continued with a session of presentations on the best practices for digitizing, creating and using digital content.
Diana Lupuşor, Head of digitization department, National Library of Moldova spoke about trends and developments in digitization of cultural heritage and the experience of the National Digital Library Moldavica.
The Coordinator of the scientific journal Studia Universitatis Moldaviae of the SUM, Ceban Lilia, presented the journal as a platform for promotion of scientific results.
Tatiana Bulmaga, Head of department for scientific results protection and exploitation of the SUM, presented the experience of the State University of Moldova in combating plagiarism and copyright protection.
The head of "Ethnic minorities" Unit at the Cultural Heritage Institute of the Academy of Sciences, dr. Ion Duminica, focused on the methods, tools and techniques to digitize phonograms, field data and written ethnographic information.
Finally Diana Ghiorghies, Country Manager at Quito Romania presented the Eldorado project - online access to digitized documents from the librarians’ collections.
Presentations from the event are available here:
- Analysis of national policies on digital content creation until 2020, Dr. Igor Cojocaru, Director, Information Society Development Institute
- Copyright and AGEPI contribution to capitalisation of scientific heritage through digital content, Ion Ţigănaş, AGEPI deputy director
- Guidelines and trends in the digitization of cultural heritage. Experience of the National Digital Library Moldavica, Diana Lupuşor, Head of digitization unit, National Library of Moldova
- SUM Journal - platform for promotion of scientific results, Ceban Lilia, Coordinator of the SUM journal, SUM
- Plagiarism and copyright, Tatiana Bulmaga, Head of scientific results protection and exploitation unit, SUM
- Methods, tools and techniques for digitizing Phonograms, field data and written ethnographic information, Dr. Ion Duminica, Head of "Ethnic minorities" department, Institute of Cultural Heritage, ASM
- Eldorado - online access to digitized documents from libraries’ collections, Diana Ghiorghieş, Country manager, Qulto România
Photo gallery from the event available here!
The event was streamed online: